Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Humayun's Tomb

Text by the photographer follows:
I finally made it to India, a place I have always wanted to come visit. We are here to set up customer service with iEnergizer for WebWars, which by the way got a nice preview over at John Quain's site at his JQ site .

This is a picture of the Tomb of Humayun in Delhi. I arrived during Diwali, the biggest annual festival that involves a burning a lot of things. Most of the tombs, mausoleums, temples, and the like were surprisingly empty, giving me clean access to cool places like this without dopey tourists getting in the way of sweet photography.

It is the next morning now and the air in Delhi is covered with the smoke from last night's festivities... There is this acrid smell of stale carbon and it's not exactly like a trip to Sedona. Luckily, I am getting out of the city today because my hosts have been kind enough to give me a ride up to Agra to visit the fort and Taj Mahal... more pictures coming soon, so stay tuned! :)

No comments: